The model 0750LAB002 is a complete porous plate extraction system for the laboratory. Extract water from a wide variety of soils where one is interested in plotting soil water retention samples to the "wilting point" accepted as 15 bar. Designed for a wide selection of uses to high pressures, it comes with differing porous plates for low to high extraction sequences. The perfect starter system for a small commercial or private soils lab, or in teaching the fundamentals of developing "water retention curves" to students. User must supply the compressed air, nitrogen or other non-corrosive/non-hazardous gas in CGA approved tank having a standard (female) CGA 580 tank valve fitting. Ask for adapter kits to other internationally recognised compressed tank fittings.
|Pressure Vessel Inner Diameter
|Number of Samples
||~36 x 5.715cm diameter samples (2.25″)
||48.26 x 48.26 x 40.64cm (19 x 19 x 16″)
||41 kg (90 lbs)
The 0750LAB002 is comprised of:
- 0700G2 Manifold, designed for regulating and monitoring the pressure supplied to the 1500F2.
- 1500F2, 15 Bar Pressure Plate Extractor, used to analyse the water-holding characteristics of soil samples throughout the pressure range of interest in most agricultural applications. The pressure vessel is 4″ (10 cm) deep and has an inside diameter of 12″ (30 cm). Up to 4 ceramic plates can be accommodated at one time, allowing approximately 36 2-1/4″ samples to be analysed simultaneously. The Pressure Plate Extractor consists of a pressure vessel and lid, clamping bolts, O-ring seals, and outflow tube assemblies.
- 1080G1 PM Hinge. For use with the 1500F2 extractor. The hinge attaches to the back of the extractor, for ease of opening.
- 0775L60 Connecting Hose. 60″ (152.4cm) long, for 1500 extractor. 1/2″ O.D., 1/4″ I.D. pressure tubing, with swivel fittings to connect to the manifold and extractor.
- 1055K1 Right Angle Outflow Adapter Kit. Set of 4. 3/16″ O.D. Neoprene tubing, and 3/32″ O.D. Nylon tubing. Useful for modifying the outflow path from extractors.
- 1057K1 Plug Bolt with Seal. Set of 5 stainless steel plug bolts, 1/4″ diameter threaded male fitting.
- 1093F1 Soil Sample Retaining Rings. Four sets of 12, used to hold soil samples on a pressure plate cell during an extraction run.
- Four 0675B15M1, 15 Bar Extractor Pressure Plate Cell. Developed from a proprietary mixture of ball clays fired to a ceramic body. Pinkish-tan in colour, moderately hard and will withstand pressure differentials of 15 Bar (217.5 psi). Typical bubbling pressure: 220 psi. Effective pore size: 0.16 micron. Hydraulic conductivity: .00000000259 cm/sec. Approximate porosity: 32% by vol. Flow through.
- 4x 0675B05M1, 5 Bar Extractor Pressure Plate Cell. Recommended for specialised applications where the pressure differentials are under 5 Bar (72.5 psi). Typical bubbling pressure: 80 psi. Effective pore size: 0.5 micron. Hydraulic conductivity: .000000121 cm/sec. Approximate porosity: 31% by vol. Flow through
- 4x 0675B03M1, 3 Bar Extractor Pressure Plate Cell. A complex mixture of ball clays into a moderately fired ceramic body. Good porosity and good hydrologic flow capability. The material is moderately hard and tannish-white in colour, not recommended for fluid sampling. Recommended for specialised applications where the pressure differentials are under 3 Bars (43.5 psi). Typical bubbling pressure: 46 – 70 psi. Effective pore size: 0.7 microns. Hydraulic conductivity: .00000025 cm/sec. Approximate porosity: 34% vol. Flow through
- 4x 0675B01M3, 1 Bar Extractor Pressure Plate Cell. Developed from a high fired Alumina body. Extremely porous, inert to most all solutions, possesses hard exterior and interior surfaces, and pure white in colour. Recommended for standard pressure differentials under 1 Bar (14.5 psi). Typical bubbling pressure: 28 – 32 psi. Effective pore size: 2.5 microns. Hydraulic conductivity: .0000086 cm/sec. Approximate porosity: 45% by vol. Flow through
- 0675B01M1, 1 Bar pressure plate. Moderately fired, largely Talc body. Made with a time-tested, proven formula, it is a utilitarian ceramic with good porosity, tough exterior and interior surfaces, and is ivory white in colour. Recommended for general purpose uses that involve pressure differentials under 1 Bar (14.5 psi). Typical bubbling pressure: 20-30 psi. Effective pore size: 1.7 microns. Hydraulic conductivity: .000000756 cm/sec. Approximate porosity: 34% by vol. Flow through.
- 0675B0.5M2, 0.5 Bar high flow pressure plate. High fired, Alumina body. An excellent material, extremely porous, and inert to most all solutions. Hard exterior and interior surfaces and pure white in color. Recommended for low air pressure differentials not exceeding 0.5 Bar (7.25 psi). Typical bubbling pressure: 12-16 psi. Effective pore size: 6.0 microns. Hydraulic conductivity: .0000311 cm/sec. Approximate porosity: 50% by vol. Typical flow through for a 1/4-inch plate: 180 ml/hr/cm2 at 14.7 psi. Ideal for liquid or gas sampling as the Alumina material has almost no ionic exchange sites or leachable mineralogy. Truly a superior ceramic for both industrial and scientific work where high volume transfer or testing at low pressure differentials is needed.